Student visas issued by the Embassy / High Commission / Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus in the candidate's country
Nationals of countries where an Embassy / High Commission / Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus is available in residency should submit to the Admission Office of the chosen educational institution the following documents in order to obtain, on their behalf, a preliminary approval for them to be interviewed at the Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of the Republicof Cyprus, in their home country:
- A fully completed application form.
- An application fee of 15-30 Cyprus Pounds (non-refundable).
- Four (4) passport-size photographs.
- Attested (certified true) copies of the student's academic qualifications.
- Evidence of proficiency in English (if possible)
- A photocopy of their passport. The passport should be valid for at least one (1) year from the date of the student's arrival.
The Admission Office will communicate details about the interview dates and required documents to candidates in time for the interview.
During the visa interview at the Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus, the candidate must present:
- Original academic qualifications and their attested copies in English or in English translation.
- Their passport which should be valid for at least one (1) year from the date of their arrival to Cyprus
- A recent certificate of good conduct issued by the police of the country of origin or residence. The good conduct certificate should be original and be issued less than six (6) months prior to the beginning of the semester for which the student is applying. The names and titles of the persons issuing and certifying the document should be clearly stated therein. If not in English, official translation must also be presented.
- A recent financial guarantee issued by the student sponsor's bank stating that the specific costs of living and studying in Cyprus (i.e. living expenses and the tuition fees) for one academic year at the educational institution will be met by the sponsor. The name of the sponsor and that of the student should be stated on the guarantee. The bank guarantee should be original and be issued less than six (6) months before the beginning of the semester for which the student is applying. The bank guarantee should include the mailing address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address of the bank. If not available in English, official translation of the bank guarantee must be also submitted.
- Any other required documents (as advised by the educational institution).
Students must report to the educational institution on the first working day after their arrival in order to register and proceed with the remaining formalities needed for the issue of a temporary residence permit.
International students should register with the District Police Alien Branch within seven days as from the day of arrival in Cyprus. They are also obliged to proceed for medical examinations on the first working day after their arrival, to submit the relevant medical certificates to the District Police Alien Branch within one week from the date of arrival.